We have six "Flatters and Garnett Ltd" botanical microscope slides in our History of Medicine Collection.
Abraham Flatters and Charles Garnett established their company in 1901 to supply microscopical equipment. Flatters & Garnett Ltd expanded its business during the 1920s, increasing their range. In 1932, the firm bought a large Victorian house on Wynnstay Grove in Fallowfield where it moved its microslide, specimen, photographic and chemical departments.
In 1950, the company introduced the Mikrops industrial projector. This replaced the microscope for routine examination in many laboratories. Due to financial problems, the company went into liquidation in 1967.